Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Memorial Day weekend & Gymnastics

So those of you that have a blog know how annoying loading pictures is on here...I don't understand why it has to be difficult. Unless I am missing something (which could be the case since I am still a little new to the blog world), I have resorted to looking through my pictures and loading them from what I want to be the last picture to the first picture...and don't dare get them out of order because I have a hard time moving them up and down within a post. I wish you could just copy and paste them where you wanted them to go, but no luck with that! And sometimes it allows me to drag and drop and other times it won't! So, anyone that has any tips to making this blogging experience more "enjoyable", feel free to share with me!!!

Addison has loved our activites this summer - one of which was going to the Butler's beach house with friends on Memorial Day weekend. She and Chloe were loving this swing! We are going back again next week with 2 other families (Simmons' and Rentfro's) and staying for 4 nights - we can't wait!


Cooper has been loving this hat - and I just can't resist his little curls peeking out from under it! His speech has taken off again lately - he is saying many full sentences and it's made him seem so grown up now! He is not such a little boy anymore! :(

You can tell from Addison's shirt, she is in love with Hello Kitty. She also shocked me the other day when we went to my nephew, Trey's 5th grade performance. They sang several songs and some groups of kids danced (Trey and about 6 other boys danced to a Michael Jackson song!). There was also a slide show of the kids pictures with music. Addison amazed me when she was singing along with several songs that I didn't even know! Come to find out, they were Hannah Montana / Miley Cirus songs. They listen to different CD's in the classroom at school and that's how she learned them all! So, now the kids have a playlist on our iPods that include those songs and more! :)


Cooper was so into his boots on this particular night, he just had to wear them to bed! I wish I would have gotten a picture of a few nights later when we wore his sunglasses to bed...it was super cute! He surprised us the other day when he counted to 10 in Spanish! His new teacher tries to incorporate a lot of Spanish words into their activities! He has started to "try" to go potty now, with no luck so far. We bought him his first pair of underwear the other day and when I showed them to him, he yelled out "Chumpies". I laughed so hard - that is what his teacher calls them at school!

Cooper's gymnastics just finished up for this semester - HE LOVED IT! When we would be waiting at the stop light to turn onto the street where the gym was, he would start screaming "Nastics! Nastics!" and kicking his legs with excitement! Did I mention that he LOVES it?

This child is a HAM and he is not shy! As you can see from the picture below, he is accepting his ribbon on the podium and waving to the crowd!


On the other hand, we have Addison on her performance day at gymnastics. They were suppose to come out when their name was called and do a favorite trick on the mat. This is how she was introduced....she would not come out by herself - her teacher had to carry her because she was being so shy!

After a bit, she warmed up and actually did very well during the rest of the class! She loves her gymnastics class!


Addison accepting her medal - a bit different acceptance than her brother. She got up on the podium, they put the medal around her neck, and off she went to sit back down! It's pretty interesting that we have almost 2 extremes!

1 comment:

  1. So cute. I LOVE that first picture of Cooper...you can really see the little boy in him :)

    And I load my pics the same way you do...bottom to top. Don't know of any other way. If I need to switch pics around, I just copy and re-paste the html code of that particular picture. My sister does all of her uploads directly from the Picasa desktop. She selects her pics and then hits "Blog This". It didn't work for me but I think my file sizes are too big with my new camera. I haven't played around with it anymore but it may be something to try. Just google Picasa 3 download. It will find all of your pictures from your computer and put them in folders. Then at the bottom of the desktop there are buttons, one of which is "blog this".

    Hope you guys are doing well!!!

    ReplyDelete