Sunday, July 11, 2010

Swimming and July 4th in New Braunfels

I will have to apologize up front because all of these pictures aren't the greatest quality - I have been taking lots of pictures with my IPhone instead of my good camera. You can completely tell a difference, but my IPhone is so easy to take with me, that I tend to snap pictures more lately with it.
While Rob and Jennifer were in Vegas celebrating his BIG 4-0, we had some time to spend with my nieces and nephew and most of it was spent at the pool at Nana and Grandad's house. I broke out some of my old cheerleading skills to try to "coach" my dad and Kevin to do some stunts with the kids. Here is Kendra trying to keep her balance - you can tell my dad and Kevin did not take my advice because they are holding her all wrong, but hey, it got the job done!
Emorie Claire got the hang of the shoulder stand with my dad and Addi did a little partner stunting with Kevin. Cooper and Nana are just hanging out observing in the background!
Addi got to go to Pottery Camp with Emorie Claire and sleep over for 2 nights with her. Then, we had Emorie Claire over to our house for some fun. We took them to the pool in the neighborhood and they enjoyed it for many hours!

This picture of Cooper made me laugh - he looks like a little old man in the picture because of how he is laying with his ankles crossed and his brown "Buddha" belly! :)


We went to New Braunfels with the Evans' this year for the 4th of July. My parents took our 2 kids up on Friday afternoon, which is when Rob, Jen, their kids, and Wanda (Jennifer's mom) went up there. On Sunday, July 4th, Kevin and I drove up and we all BBQ'd, swam, and watched fireworks. Cooper was VERY SCARED of the fireworks! As soon as they started, he scrambled to my lap and had his back to them the entire time! He had his head on my shoulder and would occasionally peak in the direction of the fireworks to get a quick glimpse, but not for long.


I was trying to get a cute picture of the youngest three kids with their flags and patriotic shirts on, but most of them someone had a flag in their face or were making crazy faces like the one below! Coop and EC especially crack me up!

Near the cabins that Rob and Jennifer stay each year, they have this train and we decided to take it for a ride. It was a great little activity for the younger kids - I think Kendra and Trey would have cared less!


The weather was beautiful the entire time we were there. We went to Schlitterbauhn for a half day also - the kids loved it! Cooper was still a bit young, but they had several play areas for young kids there too which was perfect.
Rob and Jennifer met in New Braunfels at the cabins they stay in around 1987! Jennifer's family has been going for many years even before that. After they started dating, married, and having their own kids, they continued this family tradition every year around July 4th. I have been there a few times over the years when I was younger and before kids, but this year was by far the best. I can see why they love taking the kids each year - what a great family tradition! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

1 comment:

  1. We were so happy to have you come to NB and hope that you will join us again! We ALL had a great time hanging out and playing!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete