Thursday, August 5, 2010

Growing up before my eyes...

Lately, I have realized how FAST my babies are growing up…they have been doing some pretty great things lately to remind me too!


Addison can now be considered a SWIMMER! In the last month, she has improved drastically – it just blows me away. She can swim from the steps in my parents’ pool to the other side without help. She is even coming up for breaths along the way!

Cooper is now officially paci FREE! He has not had a paci anytime since July 25th! Before that, it was only at bedtime and naptime at home (not at naptime at school for months). But now, we told him that we had to give it away to baby Parker (even though he doesn’t take pacis either!) and big boys don’t take pacifiers. The first few nights were a little rough for all of us, but after 3-4 nights, there were no more tears. I have to say that I am a little concerned at what it has done to his teeth – we will find out more at his first dentist appointment at the end of August.

Addison is really getting into a game that we have started playing – the rhyming game. She loves for us to say a word and then she comes up with at least one rhyming word. She is very good at it and it’s something that we can play anywhere! She also surprised me the other night while we were watching “So you think you can dance” and said, “Mommy, doesn’t that say Fox?” as she pointed toward the T.V. Sure enough, we were watching the Fox network and on the bottom of the screen, it said FOX. I know that she knows all the letters and how to spell a couple words, but I thought this was great!




Cooper is getting closer to being potty trained! He is wearing “chumpies” all day at school, except naptime. He usually has a couple of accidents a week still, but in the last few days when I pick him up at school, he is wearing the same clothes that we sent him in! At home on the weekends, we need to start working on it more. During the week after school, we keep him in underwear and he goes potty (“tee tee potty” and “makes bubbles” as he says). But on the weekends, we are always on the go, so it’s a little harder. He also went #2 on the potty for the first time at home last night!!! I plan to get more serious about the potty training very soon! Before you know it, we will have a diaper free household – that will be a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment