Friday, September 17, 2010

Takin' care of business

I have to say that I am very proud of my little buddy, Cooper. I am pleasantly surprised that I can say that he is potty trained now! He is still wearing diapers / pull ups at night and at naptime for now, but that may not be too much longer! We are still at the point where we ask him if he needs to go potty and his response usually is “I already went potty!” even if it was hours before. 
Notice his aim is a little off!
Otherwise, it is Super Coop that is letting us know when he needs to go! I always thought boys were suppose to be harder than girls to potty train, but that doesn’t seem to be the situation we have. I remember Addison was 2 months shy of her 3rd birthday before she was fully potty trained, including night time. All kids are different, so I guess only time will tell. But I can say, I am ready for NO MORE DIAPERS! :)  Yay for COOPER!!!


His teachers have been working on the potty training with him since he got into this classroom in May or June. It took him a bit to catch on, but now, the teachers say that he is teaching the other boys in the room how to take care of business! They have been a huge help in the process.

We are so lucky that he has great teachers, especially Ms. Marcella. She is just a wonderful teacher that I am so glad that both my kids have had! She and Ms. Vanessa work really hard to make the classroom a fun environment, but they are truly learning lots of things. They don’t just sit around and babysit…they take the opportunity to really teach the kids, even at the difficult age of 2!

2 comments:

  1. LUCKY YOU!! Way to go Cooper!!! Can he come teach Hadley? She's my third, and a girl so you'd think it would be easy, right?? WRONG!!!! What a big boy!! Love that first picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so funny!! Every time I walk into the room and he's in the bathroom he yells "I went pee pee!" He's doing great.

    ReplyDelete