Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Funnies

The kids make me laugh a lot...they also make me do a lot of other things (like repeat myself, get frustrated, etc), but laughing is by far one of the best. Here are just a few things that bring a smile to my face just thinking about them:

-We were in the car the other day and Addison said, "Mommy, look at that truck. It looks like it has wrapping paper on it." I glanced over a few lanes and low and behold, there was a decked out Kelly green truck with orange flames all over the side! I had to laugh...where did the wrapping paper comparison come from???

-I have said it before, but I will say it again...Cooper LOVES to dance! At school, they sing a song that goes like this: "Cooper, Cooper, Cooper's in the middle. Let me see you dance and let me see you wiggle"...it also says other words and ends with "turn around and please sit down!" The other day, his teacher said that she was singing this to Cooper on the playground while he was riding one of the tricycles. He starts moving the handle bars back and forth to the beat with a huge smile across his face and when she sang the last several words, he put his feet on the ground to stand up and sat right back down with the words. He began clapping for himself and patting himself on the chest because he was so proud! The teachers were all dying laughing!

-Addison, Cooper and I were in the car headed home after work/school and we were stuck in horrible traffic. I was getting very annoyed and frustrated and apparently, I was making that well known to the kids. I said something like "This is so annoying. That person is not very nice because he won't let me over." Addison perks up and says "Just toot your horn at them Mommy!" Great, already have a backseat driver...just what I have always wanted!

-Usually when we wake Cooper up for school, he stands up in his crib and throws his paci back down in the bed. This morning, he didn't want to give the thing up...in this case, it was actually 2 pacis. He was holding onto them for dear life...through the diaper change, clothing change, putting shoes on. If he doesn't throw it down before he gets out of bed, he usually listens when we ask him to put the paci back in bed. But not today...as I was busy getting Addi going, I look over and the little man had the 2 huge Soothie pacis stuck in his mouth at one time! It made me laugh so hard - I just wish I could have gotten it on camera!

I love to write these things down because so often I laugh when it happens, but then I forget about it and never think about it again. But, when I do think about it, it always puts a smile on my face...I love that about my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment