Sunday, August 28, 2011

Goodbye Westlake...Hello Woodcreek!

I can't believe that my first born is entering Kindergarten!  Really...where does the time go?  In a lot of ways, I think we were ready and she was ready.  She has done so well at Westlake Child Development Center, but I think it was time to move onto a different environment.  It was emotional for her to leave there, both for her and for me, but since I still have Cooper at Westlake, I see all the staff and teachers.


Addison's last teacher, Miss Kristen.

On her last day, there weren't too many kids left when I went to pick her up, but here are a few.  The boy on the left, Luke, has been in the same class with Addison since they were first in school! 

And below is Nyla, who has also been in the same class with Addison since day 1!  They have been the best of friends, but have a little bit of a love/hate relationship with one another!  I know they will miss each other, but we hope to keep in touch with Nyla and her family once we are living back in Katy. 


Another one of Addi's good friends is Jordon, who is shown below.  She is such a sweet girl and they played so well together.


Addison is going to Woodcreek Elementary School in Katy. 

 It's going to be very CRAZY for the first 6 weeks-2 months while we are still living in Spring while the house is being built. The poor girl (and her daddy) have to commute 1.5 hrs a day just to get to school and work!

Add caption


Nana and Grandad came to see grandchild #4 start Kindergarten!
 
Addison and her new teacher, Mrs. Wright

Day 2 of Kindergarten
Addison has had a great first week of school, but she had a more difficult time on Thursday and Friday.  Those days, she had to be dropped off at the front of the building and we could not walk her to her classroom.  Both days she cried when Kevin left her in the front office...he said it was so sad!  Luckily, someone at the school walks her down the hall and helps her get to class.  I talked to her teacher about it and she has noticed that she is upset, but does fine after a few minutes.  She has also said a few times that she doesn't want to go to school...she wasn't excited at all when I reminded her that tomorrow is a school day. :(
Since she is used to taking naps and having to get up super early, the poor girl is so exhausted after school.  She doesn't want to talk hardly and it's really tough to get anything out of her about her day.  I want to know all the details and I am used to knowing what's going on, so I feel a little lost right now.  Hopefully, it will get better and we have a Kindergarten Curriculum meeting on Tuesday night where I hope to learn more about the routine.
She has made some new friends and she says she knows all the names of the kids in her class already.  One of the boys in her class named Mason told her last week at lunch, "You are so pretty!"  :)  I thought that was so cute!  I hope and pray that Addison loves her new school and things will improve after the initial adjustment period! 

We love you Addison!  Good luck your first year as a Woodcreek Ranger!


1 comment:

  1. Awww...Kindergarten is a big adjustment. I am sure once you guys are living close again, it will be a lot easier. She is going to have a GREAT year- I just know it!!

    And I love that a little boy told her she was pretty. Atleast she remembered to tell you an important detail. ;0) What a doll!!

    ReplyDelete